This week, we’ve talked about an annual calendar, worship leader/guest speaker expectations, and an employee handbook. In the final post of this series, I want to talk about why your church needs a clear and written hiring process.
Chances are, you need to hire someone now. But the position you need to hire is not more important than the process you use to hire them.
Hiring someone is important – it WILL change the way you work. But you can’t let the need to fill a position cause you to rush an important process. You’ve got to think big picture.
How do you go from identifying a need to creating a job profile to finding candidates to interviewing candidates to ensuring that they are the right fit?
Create a step-by-step hiring process before you start looking through resumes. Decide in advance what steps are important to you and HOW this person will join the team. Create what you want to happen during their first week and first 90-days on the job.
I’ve created a 10-step hiring process that you can quickly adjust for use in your church. If you need to hire this position, follow the process, not the need.
This process, along with a first day checklist, six month performance review form, and org charts are a part of Docs and Forms. You can get this instant download for $99 right here. If you don’t think it’s worth it after you check it out, I’ll send you a refund.
Here is What’s Included in Docs and Forms:
- Administration Documents: Annual Calendar, Board of Directors, Bylaws,Calendar Request, Counseling Confidentiality Agreement, Counseling Referrals,Event Planning Checklist, Head Count Sheet, Ordination, Staff Retreat Overview, Statement of Beliefs, Travel Guidelines, Terminology, Weekend Process, Church Planting Philosophy, Church Health Report, Core Values
- Facility Documents: Closing Policies and Procedures, Facility Use and Rental Policy, Facility Use Request Form, Building Policies and Procedures, Key and Security System Acknowledgement, Wedding Policies
- Family Ministry Documents: Family Ministry Volunteer Application, Oak Leaf Kids Volunteer Policies and Procedures, Oak Leaf Kids Parent Handbook,Pro-Kids Philosophy, Family Dedication Philosophy, Student Ministry Philosophy, Release Form
- Connections Documents: Baptism Monthly Checklist, Membership Philosophy and Application, Discipleship Overview, Baptism Process,Congratulatory Baptism Letter, First Time Giver Follow Up Process, First Time Guest Follow Up Process, Giver and Guest Letters, New Christian Process, Three Ways to Get Connected
- Creative Arts Documents: Guest Musician Expectations, Guide to the Giving Talk with Giving Talk Ideas, Guide to the Welcome, Welcome Philosophy, Intern Responsibilities/Expectations, Series Graphic Needs, Series Launch Checklist,Series Planning Checklist, Style Guide, Service Planning Philosophy, Weekend Master Schedule, Worship Leader/Musician Expectations
- Financial Documents: Benevolence Policy, Budgeting Process, Chart of Accounts, Finance Team Job Description, Housing Allowance for Pastors,Offering Count Sheets, Purchase Order Worksheet, Reimbursement Form,Spending Procedures, Budget Philosophy
- Staff Documents: 6-Month Evaluation, 360 Degree Evaluation, Blank Housing Allowance Form, Confidentiality Agreement, Employee Handbook, Employee Handbook Agreement, Employment Application, Firing Process, Hiring Process,Interview Questions, Monthly Staff Evaluation, New Hire Checklist, Prospective Employee Screening, Resignation Agreement, Social Media Policy, Staff Job Descriptions, Leadership Development Plan, Staff Leave Request Staff, Organizational Chart, Termination Agreement, Org Chart
- Volunteer Documents: Guest Services Handbook, Huddle Guide, Volunteer Lanyards, Parking Handbook, Parking Map, Security Policies and Procedures,Volunteer Job Descriptions, Volunteer Team Organizational Structure, Small Group Handbook