Why You Should Blog
- It’s a personal connection to your clients or customers.
- It’s an important vehicle for communication. And you need all the opportunities you can get to communicate your core message.
- It will help you connect with other leaders in your field.
- Writing is good for you. It’s a skill that can be improved.
- It will increase your awareness about topics of interest.
How to Set Up Your Blog for Under $100
- Register a domain. Choose something that’s easy to remember and stick to a .com. I use GoDaddy to register all of my domains.
- Set up hosting for that domain. For about $6 a month, you can get unlimited hosting from Bluehost. This means you can store as many files, pages and documents as you want. Bluehost is also easy to set up with WordPress, which leads me to number 3.
- Install WordPress. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform, and it’s free. Once you set up blue host, you’ll see a simple WordPress tool…they handle everything.
- Install a theme like The Standard Theme. While there are some free themes, I highly recommend Standard Theme because of it’s usability and features. All of my sites are hosted on WordPress and build on the Standard Theme. And this power theme is on sale this week.
- Write. I suggest that you commit to at least 3 posts a week.
- Promote your blog. Let your church, customers or clients know about your blog. Notice that I said you need to write before you promote.
- Keep writing.
There are free ways to start a blog, but with these seven steps you can have a professional blog for under $100.
P.S. – There are several affiliate links in this post, which means I will receive compensation if you use these services. I use all of them personally.