Your core group will influence the attitudes, beliefs and behaviors of people in your church for the next several years.
People on the Core Team aren’t enough…you need the RIGHT people on the team.
You may have a plan or a prospectus, but unless the people on your core team reflect the mission, vision and values, your church might not get off the ground.
HERE ARE TWO REASONS THIS MATTERS
- The wrong people on a core team can absolutely kill momentum, passion and vision. Too many churches DIE in the early days because the first group of people is not on the same page. Great people don’t automatically make great teams.
- Who you are is who you will become. That’s why Lyle Shaller said, “Your first 20 members will determine who your next 100 members will be–even if there will be a next 100.” You’ve GOT to get this right now, because your core group will be a microcosm of your entire church. At this point, your mission and vision flows through your core team.
William Tinsley says, “Core groups are best developed in informal meetings of interested persons. Through these meetings relationships are nurtured, spiritual truth explored, and questions asked. A strong core group is developed that will give rise to a healthy new church.” (Breaking the Mold, p. 30)
But what do you DO during your core group meetings? When you gather in a living room or a rented space with a small group of people ready to change the world, what should you talk about? How do you best describe the hard work that lies ahead, communicate expectations, and build unity amongst this new group?
TEN MINUTE TRAINING IS THE SOLUTION
From my personal experience in building a core group and launching a church, I will speak DIRECTLY to the people in YOUR core group, as if you’d invited me to speak.
It’s a collection of seven videos, all ten minutes in length, you watch WITH your core group or launch team. Each video covers one of these topics:
- How to Protect the Unity of the Church
- The Personal Responsibilities of a Core Group Member
- Dealing with Change
- Caution: Hard Work Ahead
- You ARE the Marketing Department
- This Isn’t Your Last Church
- Meeting Immediate Needs through Serving
In addition to the .mov files, you’ll get a one-page PDF handout with a Bible passage and discussion questions. After you watch the video, you can lead your group through the discussion.
This resource isn’t filled with theory or flowery language – I speak directly to some of the most important issues you and your core group will face in the early days. I will deliver practical training on crucial topics.
“This is top notch training! I wish we had it when we started three years ago. I am making this required training for all of our future church plants.” – Zak White, Revolution Church
SEE FOR YOURSELF
Here’s a full-length preview of “The Personal Responsibilities of a Core Group Member.” This is one of the seven videos you’ll get.
HERE ARE THE BENEFITS FOR USING THIS WITH YOUR CORE TEAM
- It’s easy to use. You can use the videos and lead the discussion with little prep time. This is important for planters who are trying to juggle many things at one time.
- Someone else will say what you want to say. Parents know this, because they see their kids respond to someone else saying what they have been saying for years. I will support your leadership and talk openly about how your team can support you and your family.
- I will share personal success and failure stories from my time building a core group and launching a church. You and your team will be able to relate.
- Your core group meetings will have just the right amount of structure. Each video is just ten minutes long, so I’ll teach a little bit and you can lead the rest of the meeting.
Ten Minute Training for Core Teams is an instant download and costs $149. You will receive a link to download all seven videos and seven discussion guides.
In addition, you’ll receive a bonus audio session called From Core Group to Launch Team, full of practical ideas for developing a launch team. In Ten Minute Training, I’ll speak directly to your core group, but in this audio seminar, I’ll coach you – the planter.
BUILDING A CORE TEAM IS SERIOUS WORK
As with all of my resources, I offer a no-nonsense guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the resource, just let me know and I will promptly refund your money.