After a few weeks addressing other topics, here’s a list of stuff I clipped into evernote, favorited on Twitter or starred on Google Reader. It’s the 15th Stuff I Starred List:
- Loved this post about hovering parents. You know…the kind of mom or dad who is always there, never lets their kid try anything new, and probably makes the kid wash their hands.
- Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. – William A. Ward
- I need one of these. But I guess I’d have to jailbreak my iPad.
- Brilliant post about why you should never retweet compliments.
- Tim Keller writes about New York’s decision to ban churches from meeting at schools, effectively kicking out about 60 congregations. (A court issued a 10-day injunction yesterday, buying a little more time.)
- Skye Jethani writes about Biblical masculinity.
- “The best investment decision I’ve ever made is the decision to tithe.” – Truett Cathy, @ChickfilA. #2012TitheChallenge (via @jeffhenderson)
- Scary study: Nearly half of seniors die with less than $10,000 in financial assets. money.us/AjWhtq @nberpubs
- “It is all the same to me if a man comes from Sing Sing Prison or Harvard. We hire a man, not his history.” – Henry Ford #potsc (via @sarahcunning)
- Wonder what happens to all those pre-printed championship shirts from the losing team? Here’s the answer.
- Jesus’ core team wasn’t exactly a crack squad of theologian-creatives. Pastors/planters, don’t idolize an idealized A-Team. – @jaredcwilson
- To exceed a guest’s expectations, take time to see things from their perspective and go the “extra inch.” – @DisneyInstitute // I love the phrase “the extra inch”
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.