Here’s a semi-weekly list of stuff I favorited in Twitter, clipped into Evernote, or starred in Google reader.
- Amazing story about one of the most famous pictures from the Vietnam War.
- Style without substance = flash (Also, no one respects these people.) Substance without style = unknown (Everyone who knows these people respects them, but not many people know them.)Style with substance = impact (This is the goal.) via Jane Friedman
- Everyone has an idea until they hear how much the idea cost$ Then you get to see the difference between idea and a passion. – @kylereed
- Why volunteers don’t attend your meetings. via Sam Luce
- “Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.” – Ronald Reagan (via @LeadToday)
- Apple makes 47 cents off every dollar. via Church Mag
- Each time I fail, I get my people together and I say, ‘Where are we going?’ And it starts to get better. – @sorkinese
- How geniuses think.
- Of the 247 BILLION email messages sent every day, 81% are pure spam.