It’s Christmas, so I thought I’d share a list of a few of my favorite things.
- Breakfast with one of my kids on Saturday morning. I usually do this every week. Blue Bird Cafe is our favorite.
- Going to the movies. I like taking my kids, going with my wife, or even going alone. I love movies with great writing, great plots, interesting characters, or lots of explosions.
- A compelling book. From novels to business books, I love a good book that doesn’t regurgigate things everybody else is already saying. Here are my ten best business books.
- Traveling to a new city with my wife. I don’t enjoy sitting on the beach, but I love exploring new cities. I want to go to Sydney, Prague, San Antonio, Moscow.
- Counter culture coffee. A year ago, I started drinking black coffee after attending a coffee tasting and learning what what was going on. Single origin coffee from one specific country is so much better than generic, over-roasted, burnt bulk beans from the mega-store.
- Amazon and prime. I love amazon, but what makes it powerful is one-click purchasing with Prime shipping. Now, Amazon is my default method for buying things. I ordered 24-rolls of paper towels the other day.
- MacBook air. It’s the best computer I’ve ever had, and hope the rumors of a 15″ version are true.
- An empty inbox. There’s nothing like an empty inbox at the end of the day. It’s a great feeling.
- Dinner with friends and a shared bottle of wine. It just seems that things taste better when you enjoy the company.
- Working in the yard. I don’t like camping or hunting, but I do enjoy working in my yard. Seeing plants grow, or picking some home-grown herbs is fun to me.
- Watching star wars movies with my son. He’s five, has all the light sabers, and explains things to me.
- Chips and Salsa from Tin Lizzys. Best chips and salsa ever.
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.