Too many of us react to what’s on the calendar, saying things like, “Man, that event just snuck up on me.” We move from special service to special event at a backbreaking pace. We come up with new ideas, programs, events and ministries that will help us reach the community and grow the church.
The problem occurs when our events and ideas don’t fit in with the larger context of ministry and what happens in the church on a regular basis. Instead of consntaly planning new events, you need an annual calendar – an at-a-glance look at ALL of the events and special things that happen in your church every year.
I’m not talking about getting the next few months planned out – there’s a little value in that. But you’ll see tremendous value and synergy from looking at the year as a whole. What happens church-wide in January, and how does it lead into February? What should all of our ministries be doing the month after Easter. When can we give that big event the three weeks of focus it needs?
Wrestle through the big-picture calendar and the day-to-day stuff will make more sense.
If this sounds like a lot of work, don’t worry. A ready to use template is a part of Docs and Forms – an instant download with more than 120 documents you can customize and use in your church. It will save you a ton of time. And if it’s not what you expected, just let me know and I’ll give you a refund.
Here’s a complete list of all the editable documents you’ll get:
- Administration Documents: Annual Calendar, Board of Directors, Bylaws,Calendar Request, Counseling Confidentiality Agreement, Counseling Referrals,Event Planning Checklist, Head Count Sheet, Ordination, Staff Retreat Overview, Statement of Beliefs, Travel Guidelines, Terminology, Weekend Process, Church Planting Philosophy, Church Health Report, Core Values
- Facility Documents: Closing Policies and Procedures, Facility Use and Rental Policy, Facility Use Request Form, Building Policies and Procedures, Key and Security System Acknowledgement, Wedding Policies
- Family Ministry Documents: Family Ministry Volunteer Application, Oak Leaf Kids Volunteer Policies and Procedures, Oak Leaf Kids Parent Handbook,Pro-Kids Philosophy, Family Dedication Philosophy, Student Ministry Philosophy, Release Form
- Connections Documents: Baptism Monthly Checklist, Membership Philosophy and Application, Discipleship Overview, Baptism Process,Congratulatory Baptism Letter, First Time Giver Follow Up Process, First Time Guest Follow Up Process, Giver and Guest Letters, New Christian Process, Three Ways to Get Connected
- Creative Arts Documents: Guest Musician Expectations, Guide to the Giving Talk with Giving Talk Ideas, Guide to the Welcome, Welcome Philosophy, Intern Responsibilities/Expectations, Series Graphic Needs, Series Launch Checklist,Series Planning Checklist, Style Guide, Service Planning Philosophy, Weekend Master Schedule, Worship Leader/Musician Expectations
- Financial Documents: Benevolence Policy, Budgeting Process, Chart of Accounts, Finance Team Job Description, Housing Allowance for Pastors,Offering Count Sheets, Purchase Order Worksheet, Reimbursement Form,Spending Procedures, Budget Philosophy
- Staff Documents: 6-Month Evaluation, 360 Degree Evaluation, Blank Housing Allowance Form, Confidentiality Agreement, Employee Handbook, Employee Handbook Agreement, Employment Application, Firing Process, Hiring Process,Interview Questions, Monthly Staff Evaluation, New Hire Checklist, Prospective Employee Screening, Resignation Agreement, Social Media Policy, Staff Job Descriptions, Leadership Development Plan, Staff Leave Request Staff, Organizational Chart, Termination Agreement, Org Chart
- Volunteer Documents: Guest Services Handbook, Huddle Guide, Volunteer Lanyards, Parking Handbook, Parking Map, Security Policies and Procedures,Volunteer Job Descriptions, Volunteer Team Organizational Structure, Small Group Handbook