Here’s a run down of several things I starred or clipped into Evernote this week.
- J.D. Roth makes a list of the best online savings accounts. I’m a big fan of these kind of accounts, especially for your emergency fund.
- Kem Meyer reminds us that we keeping tabs on the numbers is a form of stewardship.
- 22 states are considering legislation that will keep minors away from tanning beds. Amazing how something we absolutely know to be bad for you can be such big business.
- Mac Lake gives five non-negotiables for developing your team.
- Funny prank on Youtube. (HT: Anthony)
- Dan Cathy, the COO of Chick-Fil-A (for those of you out west, this is the chicken chain equivalent of In-N-Out), has launched a new blog.
- I ordered a biography of Cod (yes, the fish) this week. Call me crazy, but I’m looking forward to reading it.
- Time.com reports that the misery index (a somewhat arbitrary rating that factors in unemployment, education, etc…it’s what the heat index is to the temperature) is at an all-time high of 12.4. So people aren’t as happy these days.
- Started listening to Don’t Know Much About American History and was reminded that people were living here long before Columbus or others “discovered” America. Made me think that we’re not “first” nearly as much as we think we are.