I use Evernote to keep track of nearly everything – it’s my digital filing cabinet. Here are ten quick tips on how you can use this powerful tool better.
- Get your unique Evernote email address and just forward stuff you want to save.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste stuff into evernote from any application. Three seconds gets text or pictures from anywhere into Evernote.
- Take pictures of stuff your kids make at school and save them a folder labeled personal.
- Don’t worry about tagging everything or over-organizing folders. The search feature is powerful.
- Create a folder lableed !Inbox and set it as your default. All new stuff will go there and you can sort it once a week.
- The more stuff you put into Evernote, the more powerful it becomes.
- You can save receipts, statement and financial stuff in a folder called taxes. When you’re ready to work, all your stuff is there.
- Getting a scanner like this takes Evernote to the next level.
- This eBook is the absolute best way to learn how to use Evernote. It’s the unofficial guide and 100% worth it.
- Create a few folders for the big categories. Things like Personal, Sermon Illustrations, Blog Posts, Kids, and Taxes.
Click the image below to learn more about Evernote Essentials and how you can use Evernote to organize everything.