Here are my notes from Andy Stanley’s message entitled The Fine Print. It’s part five of the Follow series, which you can watch at followseries.org. Mark 8:27 and the verses that follow were the main passage.
- Following isn’t always fun.
- Jesus was the Messiah – that’s a Jewish word. “Christ” is the Greek version of that word, not Jesus’ last name.
- Peter was concerned about himself. Many Christians today are using Jesus, not following Him.
- Jesus said following would require taking up a cross.
- C.S. Lewis said the cross didn’t become a part of Christian art until everyone who had seen one used had died.
- Your soul is more important than your stuff.
- Salvation is free; it costs us nothing. Following Christ will eventually cost us something.
Watch this and other messages from Andy Stanley at followseries.org.